On February 14, 2018 I started eating only fruit for the most part, with added raw salads and some other food items. I tried to track as much food, and my moods as well. I’m going to try to put this into a chart as it would be really cool to see the quantities as they shifted, the mood ups and downs in relation to the foods I was consuming. Stay tuned for this in a later post. It’s going to be awesome!
But in the meantime, these are the symptoms I experienced, the changes and adjustments I had to make over 20 days.
- My intense hunger/eat/bloat/pain cycle went away. Most doctors call this Irritable Bowel syndrome.
- I started having bowel movements at least once a day. (Unheard of for me in over 12 years since my bodybuilding days, being on antidepressants and having to rely on Magnesium Citrate to move my bowels!)
- The whites of my eyes got whiter
- My skin started to clear, less clogged pores
- I didn’t get much “eye goo” in the mornings
- I felt happy, balanced, more calm and present (without having to run to a yoga or meditation class to find my happy place)
- I became a more engaged, patient and happier mom with my kids.
- I went to reach for my morning antidepressants and for the first time I FELT in my body, a knowing that this was poison and not at all helping me heal the root cause of my depression! I had always wondered before, but never really had an energetic KNOWING!
- So two days later, I reduced my evening dose of Quetiapine to 2.5 mgs (from 3 mg). This felt so empowering, and I felt ready to do this given how my body was already healing in really cool ways)
- My energy was going through the roof, I was walking, doing yoga, workouts at the gym! After the irritability and depression days, my mood and energy would get even better than they were before I reduced my med dose!
- I got a really bloated upper stomach at times, especially at the very beginning. Aryana explained that my stomach wasn’t used to this amount of nourishment. It needed time to adapt and heal. While I used digestive essential oils (Eater’s Digest from Saje), licked drops of peppermint oil off my hand, and drank peppermint tea during this time to help, I did not have to use any over the counter stomach or digestion medicines. I was able to trust the process.
- I experienced a few nights of insomnia after reducing my Quetiopine. I fell asleep fine, but would wake up at 2 pm or so for a number of hours. I used this time to listen to Dr. Morse videos and learn more about Acidosis in the body and depression/anxiety! On another night, I wrote out 9 pages of blog posts that became this baby! 🙂
- I experienced extreme irritability then depression on day 2 and 3 after reducing my Questiopine dose. But as Anton noted, this was nothing that I hadn’t already experienced continuously over the last 10 years on medication! These days were hard for Anton, as he had to look after the kids and try to keep my space quiet for healing. But he is my greatest supporter and was willing to try to help me get better, even if it was just “one more thing I’m trying”.
- Lots. Of. Urgent. Bowel. Movements. But I just had to stay close to bathrooms.
- I got really sweaty and couldn’t seem to control my body temperature. Especially right after eating. Heat really aggravated me. So I took afternoon swims in the cooling ocean. It was my refuge! (So happy to be healing in a location with a cooling ocean!!)
- My vision got blurry on my down days.
- Headaches on my down days.
The Meh (annoying but easily overcome)
- I started to experience fatigue later on and saw darker shadowing around my eyes. I learned that I was deficient in Vitamin B12. (If you are interested in Energetics, check it out here on another post. Please be open minded.) So I got a supplement. No problem. This lifted over a few days.
- I went for a morning walk and my legs felt really heavy. I went for Reiki healing that afternoon at Nomad Yoga and my Reiki therapist confirmed a strange energy in my legs. I asked a new detoxing friend online (From The Fans of Dr. Morse FB Page) what this was and he said that I was not taking in enough calories. That if I kept not eating enough, I’d end up in bed in a week. Eek! So I added lots of fresh orange juice, avocado, coconut meat, coconut milk tumeric lattes and raw chocolate to my plate. And increased my fruit quantity of each meal. My weak legs went away and I got my energy back! (March 8, 2018 Update! My certified detox specialist Kaylie just updated me to let me know to be careful of having too many fat sources, as they may “weigh me down” emotionally during my detox. And I’m working hard right now to clear my antidepressants out of my system. So more juice and greens have been added.)
- Now that I know more about the body and how to heal it, a really intense fear developed. I was going to completely change the way that I eat, what I put in my body, what I put in my kids’ bodies, how I pack lunches, what foods we eat at birthdays and holiday celebrations!!??? What about my extended family? And friends? Sharing meals together!?! Was this all going to become weird and strained?? Sooooo uncomfortable! I need to let it go as it really freaks me out! Read my post on The Fear as I work through this.