The locals here use Mr. Vu’s uncle, Mr. Sau, a third generation physician practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine. Mr. Vu is the translator while Mr. Sau provides TCM consults, treatments and dispenses herbs when necessary. I was told about him from a few of the expats here so I was excited to meet with him at our home!
Once settled, Vu asked me what my problem was. I explained “I have depression in my head. And I am stopping taking the medicines that my western doctor gave me. I also have pain down my left leg”. (This leg pain had started a few months ago from walking every morning, maybe in wrong footwear?)
Then I sat on the couch and Mr. Sau pressed on my wrist to take my energy pulses. Right away he asked about my jaw and started to rub my jaw. “Is there pain here?” “Yes, I’ve had jaw and TMJ pain for as I could remember.” Next he pressed into my low back and asked if I have pain here. “Yes, I have had low back pain for years.” Mr. Sau nodded and said that I have had this injury for a long time. When I explained I had been in a car accident in 2000 he nodded with knowing.
I asked Mr. Vu how Mr. Sau knew this, and Vu said that “Mr. Sau meditates for three hours every day and he can hear ghosts. He is three people in one.” WOW! I love working with people connected to spirit! Access to so much more knowledge.
Anyway… next, Mr. Sau palpated my right pectoral muscle and found a very weak and sore spot. Then he found a similar weak and sore spot on my back, directly behind the spot on my chest.
Then Mr. Sau asked to see my pills from my doctor. He felt them in his hands then told me that these pills are for people who don’t have energy. And I have lots of energy.
Prognosis: “You don’t have depression. You have weak kidneys. And your tight muscles are blocking your energy to your brain.” ah ha! Depression Theory #2!
- TCM herbs for my kidneys and energy (the big herbal balls), and some for muscle and joint pain (small herbal balls). Both are made from hand picked local herbs, rolled and dried in the sun. I am to chew on the big herb balls, and swallow the small ones down with water.
- Ginger poultice on my back and chest to relieve pain (ginger cooked down with rice wine).
- Stretch my neck down, and side to side many times a day.
- Stretch my inner thighs and quads.
- Side to side knee
- Camel pose until I can remove the pillows and lay back on the floor.
- Wide legs stretch, using a wall to eventually get deeper, rotating my ankles in and out
Ready to try this out! Stay tuned!
I met Tania at a Hoi An Social Club night, and just loved her energy! Turned out she is a Mindfulness Educator, Holistic Intuitive Life coach and works with Energy Medicine.
So as life goes, we continued to run into each other. Once I started my fruit detox, it became clear that I would benefit from an energy session with her. (I hope you may one day get the chance to work with her or someone like her!)
Her session was very relaxing, but my mind wandered a lot while she worked with my energy. I was quite alert. I realized I was craving mushrooms with my lunch (grounding?), I started to think about how I would deal with critics of my writing, and I thought to just send those people love. The image for my blog banner popped in my
head – the specific red dress I had seen in a shop window, on the beach with me running at the camera. Fun stuff!
At the end of our session (apparently at the exact moment that Tania swept her hand over my body to clear the energy) a very loud airplane went over the building. Tania felt strongly that this was a sign of my work being “launched”. And I too know this in my heart. Wow.
Tania kindly shared this report of our time together, There is lots for me to process!
Reasons for Healing Session – desires/needs nurturing (as going through detox) confirmation from spirit and intuitive guidance and messages.
Current: body in detox
Session: the energy medicine was as requested and intuited for nourishment as your body is detoxing enough….even too much healing possibly as the energy medicine was light and more focused on recalibrating and nurturing your energy ….because you are clearing enough…as i write this I’m guided to tell you to not have any more reiki or massage while you are detox your body is dealing with enough…
Other messages that came through during the session was a clear image of archangel gabriel in a purple cloak…sitting writing in candlelight…words coming through that writing …is a process for you that is beyond what you conceptualise at this time as you venture into sharing your journey through blog posts with vulnerability and authenticity….”more than you know” …I heard that phrase a few times ….
Further to this some information/guidance on approaching the inner critic and negative self talk, with mindful awareness wrapping the critic with compassion….this means we do not just wrap in love like a bandaid …compassion is far more powerful as it is healing…true compassion is getting to the essence of your inner child wounding where this negative self talk began…seeing this child, telling her its not her fault…the compassion will naturally arise and may even bring tears the first few times you really do this…you are rewriting your DNA with a practice like this…saying to the inner critic “I see you, I know where you come from…I thank you for what I have learned and remove you by your roots with compassion and understanding of who I really am….I am not my thoughts, I am not my emotions….I am…..(I was guided to leave that for you to fill out…I am …..)
While you detox and decrease medication I advise Kelly Brogan as an intellectual support, she is a holistic psychiatrist and can guide you with the information and support you need there.
Please treat any headache with slices (vitamin size) of turmeric and black pepper…the pepper activates the anti-inflammatory property of turmeric called curcumin.
Light & love,
Tania Guidolin, BSc (Psych) Holistic Intuitive life coach, Energy Medicine, Mindfulness Educator
On February 14, 2018 I started eating only fruit for the most part, with added raw salads and some other food items. I tried to track as much food, and my moods as well. I’m going to try to put this into a chart as it would be really cool to see the quantities as they shifted, the mood ups and downs in relation to the foods I was consuming. Stay tuned for this in a later post. It’s going to be awesome!
But in the meantime, these are the symptoms I experienced, the changes and adjustments I had to make over 20 days.
- My intense hunger/eat/bloat/pain cycle went away. Most doctors call this Irritable Bowel syndrome.
- I started having bowel movements at least once a day. (Unheard of for me in over 12 years since my bodybuilding days, being on antidepressants and having to rely on Magnesium Citrate to move my bowels!)
- The whites of my eyes got whiter
- My skin started to clear, less clogged pores
- I didn’t get much “eye goo” in the mornings
- I felt happy, balanced, more calm and present (without having to run to a yoga or meditation class to find my happy place)
- I became a more engaged, patient and happier mom with my kids.
- I went to reach for my morning antidepressants and for the first time I FELT in my body, a knowing that this was poison and not at all helping me heal the root cause of my depression! I had always wondered before, but never really had an energetic KNOWING!
- So two days later, I reduced my evening dose of Quetiapine to 2.5 mgs (from 3 mg). This felt so empowering, and I felt ready to do this given how my body was already healing in really cool ways)
- My energy was going through the roof, I was walking, doing yoga, workouts at the gym! After the irritability and depression days, my mood and energy would get even better than they were before I reduced my med dose!
- I got a really bloated upper stomach at times, especially at the very beginning. Aryana explained that my stomach wasn’t used to this amount of nourishment. It needed time to adapt and heal. While I used digestive essential oils (Eater’s Digest from Saje), licked drops of peppermint oil off my hand, and drank peppermint tea during this time to help, I did not have to use any over the counter stomach or digestion medicines. I was able to trust the process.
- I experienced a few nights of insomnia after reducing my Quetiopine. I fell asleep fine, but would wake up at 2 pm or so for a number of hours. I used this time to listen to Dr. Morse videos and learn more about Acidosis in the body and depression/anxiety! On another night, I wrote out 9 pages of blog posts that became this baby! 🙂
- I experienced extreme irritability then depression on day 2 and 3 after reducing my Questiopine dose. But as Anton noted, this was nothing that I hadn’t already experienced continuously over the last 10 years on medication! These days were hard for Anton, as he had to look after the kids and try to keep my space quiet for healing. But he is my greatest supporter and was willing to try to help me get better, even if it was just “one more thing I’m trying”.
- Lots. Of. Urgent. Bowel. Movements. But I just had to stay close to bathrooms.
- I got really sweaty and couldn’t seem to control my body temperature. Especially right after eating. Heat really aggravated me. So I took afternoon swims in the cooling ocean. It was my refuge! (So happy to be healing in a location with a cooling ocean!!)
- My vision got blurry on my down days.
- Headaches on my down days.
The Meh (annoying but easily overcome)
- I started to experience fatigue later on and saw darker shadowing around my eyes. I learned that I was deficient in Vitamin B12. (If you are interested in Energetics, check it out here on another post. Please be open minded.) So I got a supplement. No problem. This lifted over a few days.
- I went for a morning walk and my legs felt really heavy. I went for Reiki healing that afternoon at Nomad Yoga and my Reiki therapist confirmed a strange energy in my legs. I asked a new detoxing friend online (From The Fans of Dr. Morse FB Page) what this was and he said that I was not taking in enough calories. That if I kept not eating enough, I’d end up in bed in a week. Eek! So I added lots of fresh orange juice, avocado, coconut meat, coconut milk tumeric lattes and raw chocolate to my plate. And increased my fruit quantity of each meal. My weak legs went away and I got my energy back! (March 8, 2018 Update! My certified detox specialist Kaylie just updated me to let me know to be careful of having too many fat sources, as they may “weigh me down” emotionally during my detox. And I’m working hard right now to clear my antidepressants out of my system. So more juice and greens have been added.)
- Now that I know more about the body and how to heal it, a really intense fear developed. I was going to completely change the way that I eat, what I put in my body, what I put in my kids’ bodies, how I pack lunches, what foods we eat at birthdays and holiday celebrations!!??? What about my extended family? And friends? Sharing meals together!?! Was this all going to become weird and strained?? Sooooo uncomfortable! I need to let it go as it really freaks me out! Read my post on The Fear as I work through this.
Today I had a Reiki healing session with Nicole at Nomad Yoga here in Hoi An.
I love Reiki. It’s a calming, do nothing but relax and sleep kind of energy balancing that’s amazing. You feel so calm and relaxed about life after.
As Nicole started, I felt my body relaxing and getting near a sleep state. But my body would jerk and convulse each time I got more relaxed. When Nicole got to my stomach (I have a huge scar from a diastasis repair surgery I had last June) my whole body convulsed so violently that it shocked the both of us. And the smaller jerking continued the rest of the treatment.
Both of us intuitively felt that this was my body’s way of flicking toxins out of my system.
What’s really interesting too and a link, is that after my surgery when I was bed tied and healing – every time I almost fell asleep my body would jerk me awake really violently!
Nicole also told me that I had a strange energy in my legs. As I wrote in my March 5 post, I asked a new detoxing friend online (From The Fans of Dr. Morse FB Page) what this was and he said that I was not taking in enough calories. (Of course I corrected this right after. See my March 5 – What Happened Over 20 Days On Mostly Fruit – post for more details)
Anyway, this was all very interesting! I had to share.